Legally anyone over the age of twenty-one can apply to adopt through an adoption agency. We have no rigid age limits for applicants but we aim to place children with people who can care for them and meet their needs in a safe and responsible way until they reach adulthood. In choosing families the needs of the child will always be given the highest priority.
” We welcome adopters from all sections of the community “
- Children aged 4 yrs & older
- More than one child so brothers and sisters can stay together
- Children with physical or learning disabilities
- Children with emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Children of Asian & African Caribbean heritage
- Dual Heritage children
We welcome applications from single carers, couples (married or un-married) and partnerships, including same sex couples and people who have children or whose children are older or have moved onto independence. You can be employed, unemployed, own your own home, live in rented accommodation etc.
If you think, for any reason at all that there may be a reason why you wouldn’t be considered contact us to find out for certain, we are happy to answer any questions.